Menu: A Super Bowl Spread
- Chavela (Mexican Beer with Tomato Juice)
- Rye’s Red Chili
- Buffalo Wings with Blue Cheese Dressing and Carrot Sticks
- Potato Chips
- Tomato and Chile Salsa
- Sour Cream Nachos
- Fried Mozzarella Sandwiches
- Grilled Romaine Salad
- Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies
More About This Menu
- To streamline prep, make the salsa a few days ahead. The day before the game, cook the pork for the chili and bake the blondies and peanut butter cookies; store the desserts in an airtight container at room temperature to keep them fresh.
- Stock up on a few different kinds of beer; you’ll want a light-bodied Mexican beer for the Chavela, but you’ll probably want to have some other brews on hand as well. And If you’re looking for something fancier, try one of our favorite beer cocktails.
- Our guacamole starts with a paste of onions, cilantro, jalapeño, and salt ground together in a molcajete—though a bowl and a fork work just fine, too. Follow our step-by-step instructions to see how to make it.
- For more recipe ideas, see our gallery of Super Bowl snacks.