Served in the Lobby Bar and Lounge at California's Terranea Resort, this take on the piña colada owes its silky texture to Coco Lopéz, a creamy mixture of sugarcane and coconut cream.
- 2 oz. fresh pineapple juice, plus wedge for garnish
- 1 oz. amaretto liqueur
- 1 oz. gold rum, such as Mt. Gay Black Barrel
- 1⁄2 oz. sweetened cream of coconut, such as Coco Lopéz
- 1⁄2 oz. fresh lime juice
- 2 dashes Angostura bitters
- Luxardo or maraschino cherries, for garnish
Combine pineapple juice, amaretto, rum, cream of coconut, lime juice, and bitters in an ice-filled cocktail shaker. Shake vigorously and pour into a highball glass; garnish with pineapple wedge and cherries, if you like.