Puréed canned peaches form the base of this delicate soup, which is thickened with tart Greek yogurt and spiced with fresh ginger.
Find this recipe in our cookbook, SAVEUR: Soups and Stews
Yield: serves 4
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 (1/4") piece ginger, peeled and thinly sliced
- <sup>1</sup>⁄<sub>2</sub> cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp. half & half
- 2 tsp. fresh lime juice
- 1 (1-qt.) jar canned peaches in syrup, drained or use store-bought
- Kosher salt, to taste
- <sup>1</sup>⁄<sub>4</sub> cup sliced almonds, lightly toasted, for garnish
- Simmer carrot, ginger, and 1 1⁄2 cups water in a 1-qt. saucepan over medium-high heat until tender, about 5 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer carrots and ginger to a blender along with 3⁄4 cup of the cooking liquid; let cool slightly. Add yogurt, half & half, lime juice, peaches, and salt; purée until smooth. Chill 1 hour before serving; garnish with almonds.
MORE TO READ
Don’t Fear the Dinner Party: Toasting Romy Gill’s Cookbook from Home
Recipes, Tricks, and Tips for Hosting a Himalayan-Inspired Vegetarian Feast.
Watermelon Gin Punch with Himalayan Salt
Elegant black tea and botanical flavors round out this pretty party punch.