Ginger liqueur adds a spicy balance to this mushroom-infused vermouth cocktail from San Francisco’s Dirty Habit.
Yield: makes 1 Cocktail
- 1 (750-ml.) bottle dry vermouth, preferably Noilly Prat
- 1 oz. dried porcini mushrooms
- 1 oz. dry oloroso sherry
- 1⁄2 oz. The King’s Ginger liqueur
- Lemon twist, for garnish
- Combine vermouth and mushrooms in a sterilized glass jar and place lid on jar. Let sit in a cool, dark place for 2 days, shaking twice every day. Strain vermouth.
- Stir 1 1⁄2 oz. reserved vermouth, the sherry, and liqueur in an ice-filled shaker. Strain into a coupe glass; garnish with lemon twist.