Ginger liqueur adds a spicy balance to this mushroom-infused vermouth cocktail from San Francisco's Dirty Habit.
Yield: makes 1 Cocktail
- 1 (750-ml.) bottle dry vermouth, preferably Noilly Prat
- 1 oz. dried porcini mushrooms
- 1 oz. dry oloroso sherry
- <sup>1</sup>⁄<sub>2</sub> oz. The King’s Ginger liqueur
- Lemon twist, for garnish
- Combine vermouth and mushrooms in a sterilized glass jar and place lid on jar. Let sit in a cool, dark place for 2 days, shaking twice every day. Strain vermouth.
- Stir 1 1⁄2 oz. reserved vermouth, the sherry, and liqueur in an ice-filled shaker. Strain into a coupe glass; garnish with lemon twist.
MORE TO READ
Our Best Pumpkin Recipes Celebrate the Flavor of Fall
Think outside the pie this autumn with these craveable cooking ideas from around the globe.
Don’t Fear the Dinner Party: Toasting Romy Gill’s Cookbook from Home
Recipes, tricks, and tips for hosting a Himalayan-inspired vegetarian feast.