Cauliflower is roasted with garlic and cumin until caramelized and sweet before being tossed with gemelli pasta, golden raisins, and slivered almonds for crunch.
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 2 tsp. ground cumin
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and smashed
- 1 medium head cauliflower, cored and cut into 1” florets
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 8 oz. dried gemelli pasta
- 1⁄2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1⁄3 cup golden raisins
- 2 tbsp. finely chopped parsley
- Juice and zest of 2 lemons
- 1⁄3 cup fresh bread crumbs, toasted
Heat oven to 500°. Toss 1⁄4 cup oil, cumin, garlic, cauliflower, and salt and pepper on a baking sheet; spread out evenly. Bake until cauliflower is golden brown and tender, 25–30 minutes.
Meanwhile, bring a large saucepan of salted water to a boil. Cook pasta until al dente, about 13 minutes. Drain and set aside.
Toss cauliflower mixture with remaining oil, pasta, almonds, raisins, parsley, lemon juice and zest. Season with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper. Serve topped with bread crumbs.