Mastiha is a traditional Greek liqueur flavored with mastic, the resin from a tree that grows on the island of Chios. It adds an herbal, pine-like flavor to this sparkling cocktail from Berlin’s Lebensstern bar.
- 1 oz. Skinos Greek Mastiha Spirit liqueur
- 1⁄4 tsp. cardamom extract
- 1⁄4 tsp. honey mixed with ¼ tbsp. warm water
- 1 sprig mint
- Champagne, for topping
- Orange twist, for garnish
- Combine Mastiha, extract, honey, and mint in a cocktail shaker filled with ice. Shake vigorously and strain into a frozen cocktail glass filled and rimmed with crushed ice; top with champagne and garnish with an orange twist.