For this take on a classic beer cocktail from Taqueria Mi Lindo Apatzingan in Rio Linda, Tajín (a Mexican seasoning blend of dried chiles, lime, and salt) adds both heat and tang.
- 2 tbsp. plus 1/2 tsp. Tajín seasoning (amazon.com)
- Lime wedge
- 3 (1/4″-thick) slices cucumber
- 2 oz. tomato juice
- 1 oz. fresh lime juice
- 1 tsp. hot sauce
- 1⁄4 tsp. kosher salt
- 3 dashes Maggi seasoning
- 12 oz.-bottle Mexican lager, such as Negra Modelo, chilled
- Cooked shrimp, to garnish
- Place 2 tbsp. Tajín seasoning on a small plate. Run a lime wedge around the rim of a tall beer glass; dip rim into Tajín and fill glass with ice. Dip cucumber slices into Tajín and place on rim of glass. Add tomato juice, lime juice, hot sauce, 1⁄2 tsp. Tajín, kosher salt, and Maggi seasoning to glass. Add Mexican lager and stir to combine. Garnish with cooked shrimp, if you like.