The Velvet Gentleman
This dark, smoky brandy cocktail from Manhattan’s Rotisserie Georgette has a surprising brightness that cuts through the heaviness of holiday dishes, thanks to a splash of fruity Italian fortified wine and grapefruit bitters.
- 3 oz. Cardenal Mendoza brandy
- 1 1⁄2 oz. Cocchi Americano Rosa
- 1⁄2 oz. mezcal
- 2 dashes grapefruit bitters
- Orange twist, for garnish
- Stir brandy, Cocchi Americano, mezcal, and bitters in an ice-filled mixing glass or mixing tin until very well chilled; strain into a coupe glass and garnish with orange twist.