Basil-infused vodka gives this simple cocktail a light, crisp edge.
By infusing vodka with basil, the finished cocktail is light and crisp.
Yield: makes 1 Cocktail
For the Basil Infused Vodka
- 1⁄2 cup vodka
- 3 fresh basil leaves, roughly chopped
- Combine the vodka and basil leaves in a small bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate overnight, then strain out basil leaves. Makes enough for two cocktails.
For the Cocktail
- 2 oz. basil-infused elit by Stolichnaya
- 1 oz. Dolin Blanc vermouth
- 2 dashes Bitter Truth celery bitters
- Basil leaf, for garnish
- In a mixing glass, combine the vodka, vermouth, and bitters with ice. Stir well, and strain into a chilled cocktail glass. Garnish with the basil leaf.