Crunchy garlic-rubbed toast, salty cheese, and olive oil fried eggs make for a hearty breakfast, and one that couldn’t be quicker to prepare.
- 2 slices pain de campagne, or other rustic bread
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tbsp. plus 2 tsp. olive oil, divided
- 1⁄2 cup grated Grana Padano cheese, plus more for garnishing
- 2 eggs
- 1 bunch cherry tomatoes on the vine
- flaky sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- fresh thyme
- Preheat the broiler. Place both slices of bread on a baking sheet and rub each slice of bread with the cut side of the garlic clove. Brush each slice with ½ tsp. olive oil, then top each with ¼ cup grated Grana Padano cheese. Broil until the bread is toasted and cheese is golden, 8-10 minutes.
- Place the cherry tomatoes on a baking sheet and drizzle with 1 tsp. olive oil. Broil until tomatoes are soft and their skins start to split, 5-7 minutes.
- In a medium nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, add 1 tbsp. olive oil. Once hot, add the eggs. Cook until the white is opaque and the yolks have just set, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Top each slice of toast with a fried egg. Garnish with black pepper, sea salt, and thyme to taste. Sprinkle with more cheese as desired. Serve with the roasted tomatoes.