This recipe is adapted from the “lamb lollipops” at Presidents Pub in Washington, Pennsylvania, where the chefs roast local racks of lamb to a tender medium-rare. We find it makes a fabulous holiday feast. On the grill, the ribs pick up a smoky, charred exterior—a perfect contrast to its juicy pink center.
Featured in: "Eating More Lamb Could Change the Future of Appalachia."
- One 2¼-lb. rack of lamb, trimmed and frenched
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- ⅓ cups plus 2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 3 tbsp. coarsely chopped parsley leaves
- 8 tbsp. garlic cloves, coarsely chopped (¼ cup)
- 2 tbsp. rosemary leaves
- 1 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp. finely grated lemon zest
- 1 tbsp. thyme leaves
- 8 garlic cloves
- 2 cups mesclun, for serving
Continue to Next Story