Haricots Verts with Dijon Vinaigrette
This dish of crisp haricots verts paired with a quick Dijon vinaigrette makes a simple, easy-to-transport side that’s great for picnics or summer barbecues.
Featured in: The Dinner Party: A Rosé Picnic
- Kosher salt
- 1 lb. haricots verts, trimmed
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 2 tsp. whole grain Dijon mustard
- 1 shallot, minced
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the haricots verts, and cook until bright green and crisp-tender, about 1 minute. Using tongs, drain and transfer the haricot verts to a bowl of ice water and let stand for 1 minute. Drain the beans from the ice water and spread on paper towels to dry.
- In a large bowl, whisk the olive oil with the vinegar, mustard, and shallot, and then add the haricot verts. Season with salt and pepper and toss to combine. Transfer the beans to a platter to serve.