- Tins to take home: Look for the myriad tinned fish pâtés from brands like Minerva: sardine and chile, smoked salmon, and spiced mackerel.
- Stay on the central Avenida: Hotel Valverde's elegant rooms are a mash-up of modern and antique décor.
- The classic that needs no updating: Pasteis de nata, a rich, cinnamon-laced egg custard that's baked into a crispy tart shell.
- Visit this cultural hub: The LX Factory, where shops, cafés, and galleries have taken over a row of old warehouses.
- Fly direct: TAP offers nonstop flights to Lisbon from New York City and Boston.