This crusty sandwich only calls for a handful of ingredients—pecorino, parsley, and anchovy—but has big flavors.
- 2 cups Italian parsley leaves (from about 1 bunch), minced
- 6 cloves garlic, minced (2 Tbsp.)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 16 anchovies in oil
- 1⁄4–1⁄2 extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 oz. pecorino cheese, thinly sliced (about 8 slices)
- 4 small crusty sandwich rolls, halved crosswise
In a medium bowl, add the parsley, garlic, and a pinch each salt and pepper; stir well. Gently stir in the anchovies and the olive oil, starting with 1⁄4 cup oil and adding more as needed to saturate the parsley (it should be shiny and moist but not runny). Let rest 30 minutes.
When ready to serve, distribute the sliced pecorino atop the bottom halves of the rolls, followed by the parsley mixture and anchovies. Top with the other halves of the rolls.