A simple stir fry of fat, juicy shrimp and meaty long beans loaded with smoky, meaty, and funky flavor thanks to a bacon XO sauce. Use shell- and head-on shrimp for the most flavorful stir-fry.
- 2 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 2 oz. long beans, trimmed and cut into 6-inch pieces (or green beans, trimmed)
- 3 shiitake mushrooms, stems removed, quartered
- 1 baby bok choy, trimmed, leaves separated
- kosher salt
- 8 oz. head-on shrimp (about 12)
- 1⁄4 cup XO Sauce
- In a large wok, heat 2 teaspoons oil over high. Add the long beans and cook, tossing occasionally, until blistered, about 3 minutes. Add the remaining 4 teaspoons oil along with the mushrooms and bok choy leaves, season with salt, and cook, stirring, until the bok choy has wilted, about 3 more minutes. Add the shrimp and cook, tossing, until just cooked through, about 4 minutes. Stir in the XO sauce, remove the wok from the heat, and transfer the beans to a platter before serving.