This smoky cherry cocktail from Meaghan Dorman of Raines Law Room is punched up with dark rum and softened with a long pour of Champagne.
Yield: makes one cocktail
- 3 cherries
- 1 oz. rum, preferably Flor de Cana 7 year
- <sup>1</sup>⁄<sub>2</sub> oz. fresh lemon juice
- <sup>1</sup>⁄<sub>2</sub> oz. orgeat
- 1 dash Bitterman's mole bitters
- Champagne, to top
- Muddle 2 cherries in a cocktail shaker; add rum, lemon juice, orgeat, bitters, and ice. Shake vigorously, then strain into a coupe. Top with champagne and garnish with remaining cherry.
MORE TO READ
Don’t Fear the Dinner Party: Toasting Romy Gill’s Cookbook from Home
Recipes, tricks, and tips for hosting a Himalayan-inspired vegetarian feast.
Watermelon Gin Punch with Himalayan Salt
Elegant black tea and botanical flavors round out this pretty party punch.