The U.S.S. Wondrich
Jeff “Beachbum” Berry created this tribute to SAVEUR contributing editor David Wondrich, who recommends following the first boozy cocktail of the evening with a low-alcohol “intermission” drink. It’s based on the Adonis, a pre-prohibition recipe that is equal parts sherry and vermouth, with a dash of bitters.
Featured in: 21 Cocktails for our 21st Birthday
- 1 1⁄2 oz. Amontillado sherry
- 3⁄4 oz. pineapple juice
- 3⁄4 oz. red Italian Vermouth
- 3⁄4 oz. Sabra chocolate-orange liqueur
- 1 dash Angostura bitters
- Pineapple wedge, for garnish
- Combine sherry, pineapple juice, vermouth, chocolate-orange liqueur, and bitters in a cocktail shaker filled with ice; shale vigorously, then strain into a coupe. Garnish with pineapple wedge.