Video: How to Make a Parchment Cone
Write with chocolate or pipe intricate designs in icing using a disposable paper cornet
A parchment cone is the easiest way to write with chocolate, pipe icing on cookies, and do other decorating jobs that require a fine point. They’re especially useful when you’re working with several icings of different colors; make a passel of cones and fill each with a different color, to avoid having to switch and wash several different piping bags and tips while decorating. Fortunately, they’re easy to make. Here’s how to do it:
- Start with a half sheet of parchment paper and fold it into two slightly overlapping triangles, giving the fold a good crease with your finger.
- Using a paring knife or scissors, cut into two triangles.
- Flip the first triangle so the tips are pointing down and to the right.
- Grabbing the top blunt edge with your right hand, curl it towards you into a cone shape.
- Once the cone is tight, fold the top end over and crease. You can also tear a small notch into the top and fold one end over to help keep the cone from unraveling.
- Fill with chocolate or icing, fold the top over a couple of times, and cut the tip off with scissors when you’re ready to use.