A look at what we're reading, cooking, and clicking now.
• Homemade celery salt adds unexpected depth and freshness to summer dishes. Try sprinkling it on chilled soup or fresh fruits for a refreshing and unique finish. 101 Cookbooks
• Escape the exhausting heat by cooling down with decadent ice cream sandwiches: sweet corn ice cream between rosemary shortbread cookies? Banana ice cream with bacon chocolate chip cookies? We're sold. ZoeBakes
• A simple shaved asparagus salad made with fresh lemon, parmesan and olive oil has an ethereal beauty ideal for summer. Kinfolk
• Cold-brewed iced tea may be a culinary fad, but it also results in a more flavorful drink. Lifehacker
• Edible pencils? Replace wood with parmesan and lead with flavorful fillings like pesto or truffles and you've got perhaps the most delicious writing implements ever. Gizmodo
• Officials of Germany's Anuga food fair have decided to ban foie gras from this year's festivities, thanks to pressure from animal rights activists. The Guardian
• The Greenhorns, a documentary film about young American farmers, serves as a beautiful recruitment tool for agriculture as a career. The Greenhorns
• Wine on tap is a fun bar gimmick, but it's also a smart ecological move, as the bottle-less beverage is lighter to transport and produces less waste. The Feast
• We love food writing in all its forms, but there's something especially lovely about unexpectedly lyrical culinary passages in literature. The Guardian
Photo: Pickles bathing in brine at the Brooklyn Flea Market's Smorgasburg.
Continue to Next Story