A look at what we're reading, cooking, and clicking this week.
November 21, 2011
• "Fire, metal, oil, and turkey are glorious when in harmony, but their powers are unrelenting in careless hands." William Shatner has some things to tell you in his PSA about the dangers of deep frying a turkey. Youtube
• The trick to making homemade cranberry jelly that stands upright just like the store-bought kind is cooking it for a longer period of time. New York Times
• Celebrity butcher (yes, it's a thing) Tom Mylan suggests dropping the highbrow shtick this Thanksgiving, and sticking to the classics like mashed potatoes and gravy, boxed stuffing, and sweet potato casserole. Gilt Taste
• The New York Public Library is launching an exhibition that showcases Thanksgiving related pictures, videos, and audio submissions from New Yorkers. New York Public Library
• You can never prep too early for Thanksgiving. Make the cranberry sauce today, cornbread tomorrow, and sides on Wednesday, and all you'll have to do on Thursday is pop in the turkey and relax with your loved ones. Food 52