Piquant Stilton replaces the more traditional cheddar in this bite-sized twist on the classic British dish.
- 1⁄2 ficelle or thin baguette, cut into 1/2″ slices
- 3 tbsp. unsalted butter, melted
- 1 small tart apple, such as Granny Smith, peeled, halved, cored, and thinly sliced
- 8 oz. crumbled stilton or blue cheese, at room temperature
- 3 tbsp. crème fraîche
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp. dijon mustard
- 1 tsp. honey
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Brush baguette slices with melted butter; working in batches, grill, flipping once, until golden on both sides, about 2 minutes. Transfer to a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Layer 2 apple slices on each toast; set aside.
- Arrange an oven rack 4″ from broiler and heat broiler to high. Mix cheese, creme fraiche, Worcestershire, dijon, honey, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Spread about 1 tbsp. of the cheese mixture over each toast. Broil until topping is melted and golden brown, about 4 minutes.