This addictive finger food is a perfect marriage of textures and flavors: creamy, chive-flecked cheese cuts the bite of roasted jalapeños, while crispy bacon adds crunch.
- 20 large jalapeños (about 1 lb.), halved and seeded
- 20 strips bacon (about 1 lb.), cut in half
- 1 lb. cream cheese, softened
- 2⁄3 cup grated Parmesan
- 2 tbsp. chopped chives
- 1⁄4 tsp. cayenne
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Arrange an oven rack 4″ from broiler and heat broiler to high. Place jalapeño halves cut side down on a foil-lined baking sheet, and broil just until softened, 3-5 minutes; set aside. Place bacon on another baking sheet; broil until fat is rendered and bacon is halfway cooked; set aside.
- Turn oven to 425°. Mix cheeses, chives, cayenne, salt and pepper in a bowl. Spoon about 1 tbsp. filling in each jalapeno half. Wrap each with a strip of bacon and secure with toothpicks. Return to baking sheet and bake until bacon is crisp and filling is melted, 10-12 minutes.