The secret to these delicious burritos is in the cut of beef: Use the tri-tip—also known as the triangle—part of the bottom butt of the sirloin tip.
- 2 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 yellow onion, peeled and diced
- 1 lb. tri-tip, trimmed and cut into 1⁄2" dice
- 2 fresh jalapeños, seeded and chopped
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and minced
- 2 cubes beef bouillon
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- <a href="https://www.saveur.com/article/Recipes/Flour-Tortillas">Flour Tortillas</a>
- Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onions and cook until translucent, about 20 minutes.
- Add tri-tip and jalapeños to onions. Increase heat to high. Brown meat for 2 minutes, then stir in tomatoes and garlic. Crumble in bouillon cubes, and season to taste with salt and pepper. To serve, wrap in warm tortillas.