For this drink, we’ve adapted a recipe from the restaurant Cochon in New Orleans.
Cajun Bloody Mary
For this drink, we've adapted a recipe from the restaurant Cochon in New Orleans.
Yield: makes 1 Cocktail
- 4 oz. tomato juice
- 1 oz. beef broth
- 1 tsp. whole-grain mustard
- 1 tsp. fresh lime juice
- 1 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp. red wine vinegar
- 1⁄8 tsp. garlic powder
- Tabasco, to taste
- Pickled okra juice, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 1⁄2 oz. vodka
- Pickled okra, pickled green beans and caper berries, for garnish
- In a mixing glass, combine the tomato juice, broth, mustard, lime juice, lemon juice, vinegar, and garlic powder and season with Tabasco, okra juice, and black pepper; refrigerate mixture until chilled.
- To serve, fill a rocks glass with ice cubes, pour in vodka, and stir in tomato juice mixture. Garnish with okra, beans, and caper berries.