Developed by SAVEUR associate digital editor Cory Baldwin, this chilled cider punch combines the fall flavors of a mulled cider with the celebratory feel of a sparkling punch. Effervescent with ginger beer and dry hard cider and spiked with a generous dose of whiskey, it’s the perfect thing to serve a large crowd at your next autumn gathering.
- 8 cups apple cider
- 1 (750 ml.) bottle of dry hard cider (such as Farnum Hill’s Dooryard)
- 3 (12-oz.) bottles of ginger beer (such as Reed’s)
- 1 1⁄2 cups whiskey (such as Jameson)
- Juice of one lemon
- Several dashes orange bitters
- 1 orange sliced into rounds, for garnish
- Cinnamon sticks, for garnish
- Combine the ciders, ginger beer, whiskey, lemon juice, and bitters in a large punch bowl or pitcher. Stir to combine. Top with orange slices and cinnamon sticks. Ladle into ice-filled punch glasses.