Corn with Squash
Any variety of small, tender summer squash will do for this recipe. Even winter squash will be fine, as long as it's young and tender.
Yield: serves 4
- 3 small tender squashes, trimmed
- 4 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, peeled and chopped
- 3 cups fresh corn kernels
- 4 sprigs fresh parsley
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Cut squashes in half lengthwise, thinly slice crosswise, and set aside. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring frequently, until soft, 2–3 minutes. Add sliced squash and cook, stirring often, until just soft, 6–8 minutes. Add corn kernels and cook, stirring often, until soft, about 5 minutes more. Add chopped leaves parsley and season to taste with salt and pepper.