This salad is our version of one served at Auckland-based artisanal honey producer BeesOnline. A chile-infused honey compliments the spicy radishes and gives the green beans some sweet heat.
- 1 lb. green beans, trimmed
- 1⁄4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 lb. radishes, trimmed and quartered
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tbsp. honey, preferably chilli honey
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Blanch green beans until crisp-tender, 3 to 4 minutes. Drain and quickly plunge green beans into a bowl of ice water, to cool them. Drain.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add green beans, radishes, and garlic and cook until vegetables are soft, about 5 minutes. Add honey, season with salt and pepper to taste, and cook until vegetables are just beginning to caramelize, about 2 to 3 minutes more. Transfer salad to a large bowl; set aside to let cool slightly.
- Season salad with salt and pepper to taste and divide between 4 small plates. Serve at room temperature.