This delicate bean dish is a sophisticated take on a holiday classic.
- 2 lb. haricots verts (slender French green beans), trimmed
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup mixed chopped flat-leaf parsley, tarragon, chives, and chervil leaves
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add haricots verts and cook until crisp-tender, 3–4 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer haricots verts to a bowl of ice water to let chill. Drain and pat dry.
- Heat butter and oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add haricots verts and cook until tender, 2–3 minutes. Stir in herbs; season with salt and pepper. Transfer to a platter and serve promptly.