Hickory House Stuffed Pickles
Homemade pimento cheese spread is the filling or the unusual appetizer.
Yield: makes 8
- 4 (3"-4 1/2"-long) kosher dill pickles
- 1 cup grated mild cheddar or american cheese
- 3 Tbsp. mayonnaise
- 1 1⁄2 Tbsp. drained chopped pimentos
- Cut pickles in half lengthwise. Using a small sharp knife, cut out seeds by making a shallow V down on paper towels to let drain.
- Put cheese, mayonnaise, and pimentos into a small bowl and mix well with a fork. Using the fork, fill cavity of each pickle with some of the cheese filling, mounding filling slightly and covering whole cut side of pickle.