The recipe for these lamb chops comes from the book Patricia Wells at Home in Provence: Recipes Inspired By Her Farmhouse In France.
- 1⁄4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. fresh thyme leaves
- 8 (1/2"-thick) lamb rib chops, frenched
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
In a shallow baking dish, toss olive oil, lemon juice, thyme, and lamb; cover with plastic wrap and let marinate at room temperature for 20 minutes.
Build a medium-hot fire in a charcoal grill or heat a gas grill to medium-high. (Aternately, heat a 12" cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat.) Season lamb chops with salt and pepper and cook, turning once, until browned and cooked to desired doneness, 2-3 minutes per side for medium rare.