Depending on the strength of your fresh horseradish, add it to the dressing to taste.
For the Dressing
- 1⁄2 cup freshly grated horseradish
- 1⁄3 cup canola oil
- 2 1⁄2 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. finely chopped parsley
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
For the Salad
- 6 cups mixed salad greens (e.g. arugula, spinach, mesclun)
- 3⁄4 cup thinly sliced radishes
- 1 kirby cucumber, peeled and chopped
- 1 avocado, peeled and cubed
- 1 cup pea shoots
Whisk together horseradish, oil, juice, parsley, shallot, mustard, and salt and pepper. Set aside to allow flavors to meld.
Place salad greens, radishes, cucumber, avocado and pea shoots in a large bowl. Add dressing and toss gently to combine.