Mixed Green Salad with Horseradish Dressing
The bite of horseradish takes the place of vinegar in this simple salad recipe.
Yield: serves 4-6
For the Dressing
- 1⁄2 cup freshly grated horseradish
- 1⁄3 cup canola oil
- 2 1⁄2 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. finely chopped parsley
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
For the Salad
- 6 cups mixed salad greens (e.g. arugula, spinach, mesclun)
- 3⁄4 cup thinly sliced radishes
- 1 kirby cucumber, peeled and chopped
- 1 avocado, peeled and cubed
- 1 cup pea shoots
- Whisk together horseradish, oil, juice, parsley, shallot, mustard, and salt and pepper. Set aside to allow flavors to meld.
- Place salad greens, radishes, cucumber, avocado and pea shoots in a large bowl. Add dressing and toss gently to combine.