When mixing up this homemade muesli, you can use pear juice instead of apple juice and dried blueberries, figs, or fresh dates instead of apricots for a nice change.
Yield: makes 6 Cups
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup hulled sunflower seeds
- 3⁄4 cup shelled almonds
- 1⁄2 cup hulled pumpkin seeds
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1⁄2 cup apple juice
- 1⁄4 cup sesame seeds
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 cup thinly sliced organic apricots
- Preheat the oven to 325°. Put oats, sunflower seeds, almonds, pumpkin seeds, coconut, apple juice, sesame seeds, and vegetable oil into a large bowl and stir to combine.
- Spread mixture out evenly on a baking sheet and bake, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned, about 30 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside to let cool.
- Sprinkle apricots over cooled muesli and toss to combine. Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 month. Serve with yogurt and fresh fruit on the side, if you like.