Old Ebbitt Grill Bloody Mary
This recipe is based on one from the Old Ebbitt Grill, a historic oyster bar and grill in Washington, D.C., where the bartenders rim the glass of their bloody mary with Old Bay seasoning and garnish their cocktail with a large shrimp to give it a spicy, regional flourish.
- 2 Tbsp. Old Bay seasoning
- 1 lime wedge
- 1 1⁄2 oz. Absolut Peppar
- 2 Tbsp. beef broth
- 1⁄3 cup tomato juice
- 1⁄2 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large boiled and chilled shrimp
- 1 stalk celery, for garnish
- Lemon wedge, for garnish
- Put Old Bay on a small plate. Rub the rim of a tall glass with the lime wedge and dip rim in Old Bay. Add cracked ice to the glass; set aside.
- Into a mixing glass put vodka, beef broth, tomato juice, lemon juice, and black pepper. Stir to combine and pour into reserved glass. Garnish with shrimp, celery, and lemon.