Pickled Radishes and Green Onion
Crisp, spicy radishes get a dose of toasty warmth from sesame oil in this quick pickle, brightened with scallions and sesame seeds.
Yield: serves 4-6
- 2 cups Japanese baby radishes, quartered or halved (depending on size)
- 1⁄2 tsp. sugar
- 1⁄2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 tsp. toasted sesame oil
- 1⁄2 tsp. black sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 scallion, thinly sliced diagonally
- Combine radishes, sugar, and salt in a medium bowl, and cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 1 hour to soften radishes.
- Drain radishes in a colander and then return to bowl and toss with sesame oil, seeds, and scallions; serve immediately.