Piri Pressure Cocktail
This spicy-sweet cocktail has a tropical feel that makes it great for a summer party. To allow room for the pineapple and ice, serve it in a double (roughly 12-oz.) rocks glass.
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 2 tsp. piri-piri sauce, preferrably Mázi Piri Piri
- 1⁄2 oz. fresh lime juice
- 1 1⁄2 oz. white tequila, such as Siembra Azul Tequila Blanco
- 3⁄4 cup fresh pineapple, cut into 1-inch chunks and frozen
- 1 piece unsweetened dried pineapple for garnish
- Make the piri syrup: Dissolve the sugar in 1⁄2 cup boiling water; add piri-piri. Stir well to combine. Pour piri syrup into a clean, lidded container; chill.
- Shake chilled piri syrup to mix well. In a cocktail shaker, combine 1 oz. piri syrup, lime juice, and tequila. Fill the shaker halfway with ice. Add frozen pineapple. Shake well.
- Pour into double rocks glass; garnish with dried pineapple.