This spicy-sweet cocktail has a tropical feel that makes it great for a summer party. To allow room for the pineapple and ice, serve it in a double (roughly 12-oz.) rocks glass.
Yield: makes 1 Cocktail
- <sup>1</sup>⁄<sub>2</sub> cup white sugar
- 2 tsp. piri-piri sauce, preferrably Mázi Piri Piri
- <sup>1</sup>⁄<sub>2</sub> oz. fresh lime juice
- 1 <sup>1</sup>⁄<sub>2</sub> oz. white tequila, such as Siembra Azul Tequila Blanco
- <sup>3</sup>⁄<sub>4</sub> cup fresh pineapple, cut into 1-inch chunks and frozen
- 1 piece unsweetened dried pineapple for garnish
- Make the piri syrup: Dissolve the sugar in 1⁄2 cup boiling water; add piri-piri. Stir well to combine. Pour piri syrup into a clean, lidded container; chill.
- Shake chilled piri syrup to mix well. In a cocktail shaker, combine 1 oz. piri syrup, lime juice, and tequila. Fill the shaker halfway with ice. Add frozen pineapple. Shake well.
- Pour into double rocks glass; garnish with dried pineapple.
MORE TO READ
Sweet Caraway Scones with Salted Butter and Figs
An unexpected trio of ingredients sings in harmony in this simple fruit pastry.
Roasted Heart of Palm with Romesco Sauce
Toasted almonds elevate the nuttiness of this delicate vegetable.