This aromatic sauce of basil, Parmesan, and garlic is often served with sliced roast lamb in southern France.
Yield: makes About 1 Cup
- 6 1⁄2 cups loosely packed basil leaves
- 3⁄4 cup grated Parmesan
- 6 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 3 Tbsp. pine nuts
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Into a food processor put basil, Parmesan, 3 tbsp. of the oil, garlic, and pine nuts. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Pulse until finely chopped; add remaining 3 tbsp. of oil and process until sauce thickens and comes together.