Roasting sunchokes brings out their sweet, nutty flavor—which pairs well with grape tomatoes.
- 1 1⁄2 lb. small sunchokes, washed, dried and sliced about 1/4" thick
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 4 sprigs thyme
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 6 tbsp. olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved lengthwise
- 1 tsp. honey
Heat oven to 425°. Toss sunchokes, garlic, thyme, and lemon zest with half the oil, plus salt and pepper on a baking sheet. Bake, stirring once, until tender and beginning to caramelize, 35 to 40 minutes. Discard thyme sprigs and transfer sunchokes to a bowl with tomatoes. Whisk lemon juice, remaining oil, honey, salt and pepper in a bowl; pour over sunchokes and toss to coat.