This preparation for sweet summer tomatoes can be served with slices of crusty baguette, or as a side dish with grilled fish or chicken.
Yield: serves 6
- 6 medium tomatoes
- 6 cloves garlic, unpeeled and lightly crushed
- 5 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1⁄2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Heat oven to 425°. Place tomatoes, garlic, and thyme on a rimmed baking sheet and drizzle with oil; season with salt and pepper. Bake, brushing tomatoes occasionally with the oil, until tomatoes soften and their skins split, about 25 minutes.
- Transfer tomatoes, along with juices, to a serving dish and serve warm with crusty bread.