Sweet Pepper Salad
Here is one version of a classic Middle Eastern salad.
Yield: serves 10-12
- 5 roasted red bell peppers, peeled, and seeded
- 5 roasted green bell peppers, peeled and seeded
- 1⁄4 cup white vinegar
- 2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled, and thickly sliced
- Tear bell peppers into long, thick strips, and transfer to a colander for 10 minutes to drain any excess liquid.
- Meanwhile, combine vinegar, salt, and sugar in a large ceramic or glass bowl. Add drained peppers, garlic slices, and just enough water to cover, about 1 1⁄4 cups. Stir to combine ingredients well. Cover, and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or up to 2 weeks. Drain before serving.