Use fine-grained bulgur for this refreshing, lemony salad.
- 3 tbsp. bulgur wheat (No. 1 grade)
- 1⁄2 medium white onion, chopped
- 1 tsp. kosher salt, plus more
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground allspice
- 1 lb. medium tomatoes, cored, seeded, and finely chopped
- 3 cups minced flat-leaf parsley
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped mint leaves
- 7 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 5 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
Put bulgur into a small bowl; cover with ½ cup warm water. Let soften for 10 minutes; drain bulgur and set aside.
Put the onions on a cutting board and sprinkle them with 1 tsp. salt and the allspice. Finely chop the onions. Transfer onions and reserved bulgur to a large bowl along with the tomatoes, parsley, mint, oil, and lemon juice. Stir to combine and season with salt. Serve at room temperature.