The New Airline
Cool, mild cucumber and sweet elderflower liqueur echo gin’s floral notes in this cocktail, served at Atmosphere, the bar on the top floor of the tallest building in Beijing. With notes of apple, lime, and a bit of heat from fresh ginger, it has an effect talmost like a spa in a glass.
- 2 2-inch-thick rounds of cucumber
- 2 thick slices of granny smith apple
- ¾-inch slice fresh ginger
- 1 oz. gin
- ⅓ oz. Cointreau
- ⅓ oz. elderflower liqueur
- ⅓ oz. fresh lime juice
- ¼ oz. apple juice
- 1 thin slice cucumber, for garnish
- Muddle the cucumber, apple, and ginger together in the bottom of a cocktail shaker, then add the gin, Cointreau, elderflower liqueur, lime and apple juices, and plenty of ice. Shake vigorously and strain into a chilled cocktail glass. Garnish with the cucumber slice.