Serve this garlicky, cumin-spiced Middle Eastern side dish with grilled lamb chops or chicken.
- 2 cups dried cannellini or Great Northern beans, soaked overnight
- 1⁄2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup minced flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 3 cloves garlic, smashed and minced into a paste
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Bring beans and 6 cups water to a boil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until beans are tender, about 50 minutes. Drain beans and set aside in a bowl.
Whisk together oil, lemon juice, parsley, cumin, and garlic in a small bowl. Drizzle garlic mixture over beans, season with salt and pepper, and toss to combine. Serve bean salad cold or at room temperature.