Watermelon gives the Silver Coin Margarita, from Austin’s Fonda San Miguel, its refreshing kick.
Watermelon gives the Silver Coin Margarita, from Austin's Fonda San Miguel, its refreshing kick. We recommend using Herradura Silver Tequila.
Yield: serves 2
For the Watermelon-Infused Tequila
- 1 medium-size seedless watermelon
- 1 (750-ml) bottle of silver tequila
For the Margarita
- 4 oz. watermelon-infused tequila
- 2 oz. frozen limeade
- 2 cubes of the infused watermelon
- 1 1⁄2 oz. Cointreau
- Watermelon wedges
- For the infused tequila, cut a watermelon into 1″ cubes (rind removed) until you have roughly 2 lbs. of fruit. Transfer to a glass jar, pour in tequila, seal jar, and let steep for 2 days.
- To make drinks, combine the watermelon-infused tequila, 2 cups crushed ice, frozen limeade, infused watermelon, and Cointreau in a blender. Purée until slushy. Garnish with watermelon wedges.