Horse & Carriage
New York City bar The Daily serves this lightly sweet, effervescent gin-based punch made with chamomile tea and sparkling wine. Created by mixologist Naren Young, it was inspired by classic holiday punches but is easily adapted to any season—try it in fall garnished with apples, pears, and cinnamon sticks; in winter with citrus slices and pomegranate; and in spring with edible flowers.
For the Citrus Sugar
- 1 lemon, zested
- 1 orange, zested
- 1⁄2 cup superfine sugar
For the Cocktail
- 4 tbsp. citrus sugar
- 6 oz. lemon juice
- 6 oz. gin
- 3 oz. St. Germain elderflower liqueur
- 3 oz. triple sec
- 10 oz. cold chamomile tea
- 8 oz. sparkling wine
- Lemon and orange wheels, for garnish
- Pomegranate seeds, for garnish
- Make the citrus sugar: Combine zests and sugar in a food processor; pulse until combined. Makes ½ cup.
- Dissolve the sugar in the lemon juice in a punch bowl. Add gin, St. Germain, and triple sec. Add the tea, ice block, and top with sparkling wine. Garnish with lemon and orange wheels and the pomegranate seeds.