Richard Kuo of New York City’s Pearl & Ash uses preserved lemon, a Moroccan staple, to brighten this simple spring dish.
Morels with Mint, Peas, and Shallot
Preserved lemons brighten this simple combination of morels, spring peas, and mint.
Yield: serves 6
- 2 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 shallot, roughly chopped
- 8 oz. fresh morels, cleaned and trimmed
- 8 oz. snow peas, trimmed
- 8 oz. sugar snap peas, trimmed
- 1 cup fresh peas
- 3⁄4 cup mint leaves, roughly torn
- 2 tbsp. minced preserved lemon peel
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- Heat butter and oil in a 12″ skillet over medium-high. Cook shallot 1 minute. Add morels and snow and snap peas; cook 2 minutes. Add fresh peas; cook until morels are tender, 2–3 minutes. Stir in mint, preserved lemon, and salt.