This katamala olive spread adds briny unctuousness to Joanne Chang's Lemon-Caper Tuna Sandwich; yet it has enough personality to stand on its own or to accompany a cheese board at your next soirée.
Time: 5 minutes
- 1 cup pitted kalamata olives
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 <sup>1</sup>⁄<sub>2</sub> tbsp. minced basil
- 1 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp. capers
- 1 clove garlic
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Combine olives, oil, basil, lemon juice, capers, garlic, salt, and pepper in the bowl of a food processor; blend until roughly chopped.
MORE TO READ
Yes, you CAN start your morning with a juicy patty—plus an over-medium egg and an In-N-Out-inspired sauce to seal the deal.
Spain’s Coziest Fish Dish Is Atún con Tomate (Tuna and Tomato Stew)
You won’t see this stew on fancy restaurant menus—but it’s an abuela-approved standby that you don’t want to miss.