Kobe Desramaults, of Belgium's In de Wulf restaurant, blends spinach and chives with ice cubes to ensure that this chilled soup, tangy with yogurt, maintains a bright green color.
Find this recipe in our cookbook, SAVEUR: Soups and Stews.
- 4 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 4 oz. (about 2 slices) dark rye bread, pulsed into coarse crumbs in a food processor
- 2 cups packed baby spinach
- 3⁄4 cup roughly chopped chives, plus 2 tbsp. minced
- 1⁄2 cup ice cubes
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 1⁄2 cups plain, full-fat Greek yogurt
- 3⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 18 scallions, trimmed and halved lengthwise
- 3 tbsp. canola oil
- 1 (2-oz.) piece fresh horseradish, peeled