Roasted Brussels Sprouts
A simple roasted Brussels sprout recipe for a crowd.
Yield: serves 8-10
Time: 40 minutes
- 4 lb. Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved lengthwise (about 7 ½ cups)
- 1⁄2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp. Kosher salt, or more to taste
- 1⁄2 tbsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1-2 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano (optional)
- Set two racks in the center of the oven and preheat to 425°.
- Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper or aluminum foil (be sure to smooth the foil out completely if using). Divide the Brussels sprouts evenly between the sheets and drizzle with the olive oil. Sprinkle with the salt and toss well to coat. Arrange the sprouts in a single flat layer upon each sheet, with most of the cut sides facing down.
- Roast, rotating the pans on the racks halfway through, until firm-tender and well browned on the bottoms, about 20 minutes. Stir, flipping the sprouts over, and roast until just tender and lightly browned on the remaining side, about 5 minutes more.
- Remove and transfer to a serving bowl or platter. Just before serving, add 1 tablespoon of the lemon juice, the pepper, and two-thirds of the cheese. Taste and adjust the seasoning as desired. Top with the remaining cheese and serve.