The signature sauce of Cantina Pierino in Buenos Aires, this creamy sauce is fragrant and makes for a rich and decadent pasta shot through with peppery arugula. Try it with their pillowy ham and cheese ravioli.
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 3–4 oz. gorgonzola, crumbled
- 6 Tbsp. freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
- Salt and freshly ground white pepper
- 1 3⁄4 cups tightly packed arugula leaves, sliced in thin ribbons
- Heat cream in a medium saucepan over medium heat until hot. Add gorgonzola and parmiginao and cook, stirring frequently, until sauce is thick, about 40 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Keep warm over lowest heat. Add arugula to sauce just before serving.