Celery Salad (Salade de Céleri)
This celery salad is crisp, refreshing, and simple to prepare. Don’t neglect to mix in the celery leaves (which, unfortunately, are often discarded); they contribute significantly to the look and taste of the salad.
- 1 Tbsp. white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp. dijon mustard
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1⁄4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 bunch celery
- Whisk together vinegar, mustard, and salt and pepper to taste in a large salad bowl. Drizzle in olive oil while whisking constantly, to form a smooth and tart dressing. Set aside.
- Pluck all the leaves from celery; set aside. Remove the outer ribs of the celery. (Save the innermost ribs from the core of the bunch for another use.) Roughly chop the celery ribs into 1⁄2″–3⁄4″ pieces. Add celery to bowl with dressing and toss well to coat. Adjust the seasonings.